Tuesday 15 November 2011

Tenba Discovery Large Photo and Laptop Daypack

Recently, photography has been picking up popularity in both the amateur and professional sectors.  As an amateur photographer, I always love to carry my Sony NEX-5 DSLR around with me when I go out exploring NYC or traveling.  I wanted a bag that can protect my camera, lens, and accessories and also have room for some other things.  The Discovery Large Photo/Laptop Daypack from Tenba looked perfect for me.
Tenba’s Discovery Large Photo/Laptop Daypack came in two colors – Black/Gray or Sage/Khaki.  I got the Black/Gray one to review.  My first reaction to the Discovery was that it was extremely light at 2.6 lb.  The Discovery has a water repellant nylon exterior, but it also comes with a  WeatherWrap cover for extra protection.Clallam County to use grant for police laptop purchase.The Discovery comes with standard chest and waist straps.  It feels very comfortable to wear.  Also there’s plenty of loops for accessories on the strap.On both sides are compression straps to secure and stabilize the load.  There’s also a large elasticized pocket on each side for water bottles or other accessories.
The main camera pocket is large.  It will fit 2 DSLR bodies along with 4-6 lenses or flash.  It’s extremely padded and I won’t worry at all if I dropped my bag.  The padding is all secured with Velcro, and the pieces are easily reconfigurable.On the back wall of the top compartment are 4 pockets, 2 pen slots and a clip for your keys.  Personally, I wish they offered small zippered pockets on both sides of the top compartment for accessories like batteries or memory cards.
There’s a medium sized mesh pocket and ID card holder located on the flap of the top compartment.  Tenba also included a WeatherWrap inside the mesh pocket.The WeatherWrap covers the front completely and partially covers the back.  It’s secured by 2 snap-on buttons.  With the WeatherWrap on and secured by the snap-on buttons, there’s no way in to the Discovery while you’re wearing it.On the back side is a padded zippered pocket for either a 15” laptop or a hydration pack like a CamelBak.  Personally, I think it’s a really tight fit for a laptop to go in there; it was compressing my MacBook a bit too much for my liking.

No comments:

Post a Comment