Tuesday 27 March 2012

Wrapsol New iPad Screen Protector Review: Easy to Apply, No Bubbles Within a Day

Wrapsol claims to make the "easiest to apply and strongest protective film technology for mobile devices." The claim that got my attention was this one. Their protector "…actively releases air bubbles." I hate screen protectors because it's impossible to apply one without getting bubbles and fingerprints under the protector. This ruins the experience.Wrapsol sent me a screen protector and grip pad for my new iPad and call me impressed. I can confirm the "easiest to apply" claim. The protective film went on my new iPad screen with little difficulty.Wrapsol promises that your screen protector may have bubbles when you first apply it, but within 24 hours they will go away thanks to a special design that releases the air through the film. That's what I wanted to test!
If you've done this once, you know how it works. You normally have to remove a protective sheet from one side of the screen protector.Utah companies update products for new iPad.The adhesive makes it hard to deal with a large sheet the size of an iPad screen, so you only take a corner or edge off and apply that corner or edge to the screen. Then you pull the plastic sheet away from the screen protector as you squeegee the protective film to the screen to push out all the bubbles, hopefully. You have to keep pulling the screen protector up and reapply it due to those frustrating bubbles. This usually leads to fingerprints that you can't get off the adhesive.
The whole process is annoying and I'm not patient enough to get it right so I don't bother. I hate all screen protectors. You usually have a ton of air bubbles unless you're really careful. You also usually have a ton of fingerprints. Your device's screen will look terrible and embarrassing.The Wrapsol protector doesn't require the same methodical approach. Remove the backing and throw it away. Apply the thick polyurethane Wrapsol screen protector to the long edge of your iPad first. Once it looks straight, you just flatten it onto the iPad screen. Now use the included thick piece of white cardboard to squeegee the bubbles out as best you can. Doing it this way leaves some bubbles trapped under the film.See the second image below and you'll notice a few. I was worried. They were all over my iPad screen.Before applying the screen protector, I didn't wash my hands first or wear special gloves like some screen protectors require. Still I didn't get a lot of finger prints under the film.I used my iPad during the day, certain I'd be writing that the company over-promised and under-delivered. After an hour I forgot about the film and just used my iPad.I applied the film about 10:00 am and by 6:00 pm most of the bubbles were gone. After about 26 hours I can't see a single bubble. Incredible!

No comments:

Post a Comment