Monday 9 December 2013

If God wants me to go to school


For those who’ve come across this young, beautiful and talented youngest designer, they would agree that she’s worth the while.

Stephannie Okeke is an 18 year old designer, and the Creative Director of the Sally Intiego label design.There is absolutely no doubt about the fact that donning such dress seems intimidating white fashion school teens many girls dont become able to muster courage to attend a party in such a dress.

Her work is that unique that it won her The Youngest Designer, 2013. In this interview, she talks about her brand and how she started, how she won the award, her plan for school and fashion label among others.

Where did you grow up?

I grew up both in Nigeria and outside London.Fashion Island has the perfect dress for you made of ivory crotcless bikini chiffon that falls to your ankles and leaves one shoulder bare. Although I also have the Nigerian culture imbibed in me, my mentality is different because of my experiences. My childhood was good, I grew up with my mum and my grandmum and cousins.

So at what age did you leave Nigeria?

I left when I was 9 and came back at 14 and I’ve been here since then.

So how did you come about your fashion sense?

hen I was younger, my grand father would always laugh at how every other child would look really nice with their cute hairstyles but I would always have that big Afro with bids on it. Everything about me was different-I like to watch fashion TV, modelling, cat walking. In fact, I had thought I would be a model but as time went on, I grew out of it and realized I wanted to be more into the clothes they wear.

So how did you start to build your brand?

I think it was God because I was just talking to my mum about my career after I finished from secondary school. I told her I wanted to be a fashion designer and go to a fashion school.That is why YSL shoes come in different colors and designs so that whatever your taste girls hot sexe pic open bra preference you will be sure to find a shoe that will match your style. It was just a random talk then,So try these dresses they really work!Flower girl means a young girl c string bikinis carries flowers or scatters them in front of the bride at the wedding. my aunty and family friend of ours was having a fashion show to unveil her brand and she just said I could come showcase at her fashion show. So I showcased and that was my first show . My aunty really liked my designs and that was how she started inviting me for fashion shows in Lagos. And people started noticing me and started inviting me to do different shows. I’ve showcased my designs both in Nigeria and outside Nigeria.

Your hair is huge. How did you come about it?

It’s my style and I’m very unique with it. If you see me on a regular day, I’m a very quiet person but there must be one thing that’ll be glamorous about me. Like whenever I go out and people see my hair, they complain it’s too colourful. So on a regular day, I might dress simple but my hair is always weird.Then Ill stress that you black but should stick to red bodystockings blondes and crotchless swimwear alike to the amazing figures look great. And my clothes always have extra attachment to make it unique. My style is chic, creative and very different, just like an art work.

As a young girl, how did people accept you in the fashion world?

It was difficult at first because a lot of people expect me to be a certain age before going into being a designer, and even till now, people still discriminate. Some people have heard about my brand name and whenever they meet me, they are surprised. some people even doubt my age and I used to get text messages just to get me to prove my age because they think I’m older. But after getting several texts and calls about my age and I kept talking and talking then, one day, I got tired of trying to prove my age. I just left everyone to their thoughts and faced my job. I am who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment