Wednesday 9 April 2014

Volunteers needed for Dress for Success

April 7 through 11 marks National Volunteer Week. This week encourages others to support one another by getting involved in activities, making donations,The Dressestmall carries wedding and Discount White Chiffon A-line Sweedheart Beaded Rhinestone Evening/Prom Dresses all available with worldwide shipping. and helping out organizations like Dress for Success. 

Dress for Success supports women as they find and retain employment, and helps these women turn their jobs into rewarding careers. They are always looking for donations of new or gently used suits,Strapless Discount Spaghetti Straps Beading Taffeta Short/Mini Cocktail Dresses Prom Dresses in white and short sexy strapless black dresses. business attire, handbags, shoes, and more. 

Unlike so many girls, I never fantasised about my wedding dress. If anything, I dreaded the idea of traipsing around bridal boutiques, winching myself into one ghastly crinolined gown after another. I dreaded the expense, the prohibitive undergarments, the shop-assistants – the overblown, absolutist nature of it all. And I had always suspected that when the time came, I wouldn’t find anything I liked. I was right. Six weeks before my wedding I still hadn’t found a dress. 

“We shouldn’t be here,Visit us to browse through a range of party dresses and Wholesale Cheap Sey Chiffon Beaded Crystals A-line Sweep Train Prom/Evening Dresses for every occasion.” my mother complained, when I dragged her along to a sample sale one of my favourite designers, Sophie Cranston of Libelula, was throwing in her studio. “We should be finding you a wedding dress.” 

And then suddenly there it was: a simple long cream sample gown embroidered with cherry blossom, fashioned from vintage Japanese kimono fabric. It was dusty, it wasn’t a wedding dress Libelula didn’t do bridal back then, and it was a steal. “You can’t get married in an a hundred and ten pound dress,” one friend admonished when I told her about it. 

The organization has over 130 affiliates throughout 15 different countries.In the above clip, Dress for Success CEO, Joi Gordon, discusses her love for the organization, what is needed from volunteers, and a new coffee table book that features stories from women who thrived thanks to Dress for Success.

No comments:

Post a Comment